The MSCC strives to be inclusive while still maintain its integrity as a coalition of Maryland student and youth groups. The leadership structure is as follows:
Two Executive Directors: the face of the coalition as a whole, they participate in directing the MSCC but have no voting power in final decision-making.
- Executive Director of Operations: Initiates outreach to new schools. Establishes and maintains communication and accountability within the coalition.
- Executive Director of Campaigns: Plans and oversees elements of a strategic campaign, including media, events, and coalition building with outside ally groups.
Steering Committee: Made up of 1 elected representative from each participating organization in the MSCC. The Steering Committee holds the decision-making power of the organization and each member has one vote.
- Oversees elements o f the current campaign, plans future campaigns, decides priorities and verbalizes the need for ad-hoc working groups.
- Each member communicates to the MSCC the needs of their organization and reports back to their organization with information and support from the MSCC.
- Each representative is elected by their organization to the steering committee, and doing so proves to the Coalition that the organization plans to participate (to some degree) in MSCC activities and planning.